What is the Echo Step?
The echo step is a new workflow step-type that will allow admins to run one to many steps in the workflow for each value entered in a multi-select field or a table gadget.
How Can I Use this Step?
This step type can be used to route to multiple values selected on the form. For example, if you have a data lookup multi-select gadget on your form pointing to departments, you want to route to each department selected.
This step can also run parallel routes based on the fields selected on the form. For example, you could have it run for each expense added to a row of a table for an expense report.
How Do I Configure an Echo step?
- Configure a multi-select gadget that you would like to use in the workflow
- Drag an Echo step onto the workflow
- Add a name to the Echo step
- Select the multi-select gadget you want to use (note: all steps dragged into the echo step will run for each value entered into this field on the form)
- Drag in one to multiple other workflow steps into the echo step
- Configure each step including who the step will be routed to (note: this does not have to be the same field being used for the echo step but it can be)
Can I Use the Field Added to the Echo Step in my Routing or as Variables?
Yes. The field added to the echo step can be used to route a step to or as a variable. This will allow admins to route to multiple parallel values at a time. If you are using a table as the echo step, any of the fields inside of the table can be used in the variable.
Which Field Types can be Used in the Echo Step?
Any multi-select field type can be used in the echo step including the table, repeater gadget, user multi-select (data lookup (people)), groups multi-select (data lookup (multiple groups)).
Renaming of Data Lookup Fields in Forms
To streamline the workflow and enhance the administrative experience, we're implementing a naming overhaul for our data lookup fields. This change will simplify identifying and understanding the data source for each lookup gadget.
These changes will only impact the name of the gadget after it has been added to the form and configured.
Read more about the specific name changes HERE.